Pune Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The renovated Jayakar Bungalow, a classic heritage site situated inside the premises of National Film Archives of India (NFAI) in Pune, Maharashtra was inaugurated by Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting.
During the inauguration a special booklet ‘Parampara: An ode to Jayakar Bungalow’ that chronicles the history of bungalow along with the story of its restoration was also released. A special feature of booklet is the experiences shared by some of renowned film artists including.
About Jayakar Bungalow
The historical building is classified as a Grade I Heritage structure, which was built in 1945. It has a distinct Tudor style of architecture.
It was once home to Mukundrao Ramrao Jayakar who was a barrister and first vice-chancellor of University of Pune. It was then acquired by Indian law society, before it was handed over to Archives.
The bungalow is part of glory of Pune city and film researchers will certainly benefit from the site.
The bungalow is situated inside NFAI’s Pune campus and comprises of digital film library (where researchers can access NFAI’s rich database), 3 film review rooms, and some antique articles of value. It has been renovated with an outlay of Rs.3 crore.
Tags: Grade I Heritage structure • Jayakar Bungalow • Maharashtra • Mukundrao Ramrao Jayakar • National Film Archives of India
Apolitical, a peer to peer learning platform for governments has released the list of World’s 100 Most Influential People in Climate Policy for 2019. The list celebrates politicians, civil servants, academics and activists who have contributed immensely towards raising awareness and bringing change for the cause of environment and climate.
Indians’ in the list
- Union Minister for Railways and Coal Piyush Goyal.
- Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change Dr Harsh Vardhan.
- Pune Mayor Mukta Tilak.
- Executive director of Integrated Research and Action for Development, a research and policy analysis institute focusing on sustainable development Jyoti Kirit Parikh.
- Well-renowned environmentalist and political activist, Sunita Narain.
- Environmental activist, Vandana Shiva.
- Director general of the International Solar Alliance, Upendra Tripathi.
- Co-founder and Executive Director, Sunrise Movement, Varshini Prakash.
Releasing the inaugural list Apolitical has said that at a time when young people everywhere are marching to demand action on climate, it’s more important than ever to celebrate and support those with the most power to act: the people driving tangible policy change.