Pune Metro Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Cabinet has approved the development of Phase – 1 of the Pune Metro Rail Corridor Project.
It will be covering a length of 31.254 km comprising with two corridors Corridor-1 (Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation to Swargate) and Corriodor-2 (Vanaz to Ramwadi).
- Corridor-1 will be covering length of 16.589 km of which h11.57 km elevated and 5.019 km underground. Corriodor-2 will be covering 14.665 km and will be fully elevated.
- The project is scheduled to be completed in five years from the date of start of work as per the Detailed Project Report (DPR).
- The Project will be implemented by Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MAHA-METRO). The total completion cost of the metro rail corridor will be Rs.11,420 crore.
- MAHA-METRO will be a 50:50 jointly owned company of Union Government and Maharashtra Government.
- The project will be covered under the legal framework of the Metro Railways (Operation and Maintenance) Act, 2002; the Metro Railways (Construction of Works) Act, 1978; and the Railways Act, 1989.
The metro corridor will benefit approximately 50 lakh population of Pune Metropolitan Area. It will provide much needed connectivity to the commuters to traverse through some of the densest and traffic congested routes of the city. It will considerably reduce the traffic congestion and will bring in fast, safe, comfortable, pollution-free and affordable mass transportation system in the city.