Quality Council of India Current Affairs - 2020
The 11th Regional Quality Conclave (RQC) is being organized on 20 December 2019 at Rudrapur, district Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand. The is being organized by Quality Council of India (QCI) along with PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI). Through this Conclave the Quality Council of India (QCI) hopes to reach out to industries in the hilly regions of the country.
About 11th Regional Quality Conclave
Theme of Conclave ‘Rudrapur RQC’: ‘Advance Manufacturing with Quality, Innovation & Technology Interventions.’
- To create awareness about significance of quality culture in businesses.
- To deliberate on how organizations could continuously innovate, improve and share technological advancement such as Industry 4.0 and predictive maintenance.
At the conclave sessions will be held on- Adding Value in Manufacturing and Supply Chain with Digital Transformation, Up skilling for Industry 4.0, Leadership and Engagement Strategies for Sustaining Innovation and Quality Culture and Mapping Organization’s Route to Quality,
Participants: Over 150 participants from top organizations from Uttarakhand region are expected to participate. Experts in fields of Advance manufacturing, Industry 4.0 and creating Quality culture, Leadership and Engagement Strategies will participate in Conclave to lead discussions and lay down roadmap for the future steps to be taken for the 4.0 engineering revolution in India.
District Udham Singh Nagar and Rudrapur are major industrial and educational hubs of Himalayan state of Uttarakhand. Currently, many infrastructure industries, motor vehicle companies and Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industries have their units in Rudrapur.
Tags: PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry • PHDCCI • QCI • Quality Council of India • Regional Quality Conclave
The Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat is a cleanliness survey that is carried out by QCI – Quality Council of India. The council tool 720 Non – Suburban stations and Suburban Stations for the survey.
Findings of the survey
- Jaipur was ranked first with a cleanliness score of 931.75 out of 1000
- Jodhpur was ranked second with a score of 927.19
- The other top cleanest cities include Durgapura, Jammu Tawi, Gandhinagar, Suratgarh, Vijayawada, Udaipur, Ajmer and Haridwar.
- Southern Railways dropped five places. IT slipped to 7th position from 12th postion in 2018.
- The North Western Railway zone was awarded the cleanest railway zone of 2019
During the survey the inspectors inspected the station premises for presence of different forms of waste such as stain, stagnant water, litter and excreta. They also observed the frequency of cleaning activities in the customer interface areas. The condition of uniform, equipment, protection gear of the cleaning staff were also considered in ranking the stations.