Quebec Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian low-cost airlines SpiceJet has joined the International Air Transport Association (IATA). SpiceJet is the first Indian budget carrier to join the IATA, which has over 290 airlines as members.
The membership of IATA will allow SpiceJet to explore and grow its collaborations with international member airlines of IATA through interlining and code shares and also enables to seamlessly expand the network options for its passengers in future.
International Air Transport Association (IATA)
International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines and represents some 290 airlines which contribute to about 82% of total air traffic.
Functions of IATA
- IATA helps airlines to operate safely, securely, efficiently, and economically under clearly defined rules.
- IATA provides professional support is provided to all industry stakeholders with a wide range of products and expert services.
- IATA aims to assist airlines by simplifying processes and increasing passenger convenience while reducing costs and improving efficiency.
- IATA also aims to improve understanding of the air transport industry among decision makers and increase awareness of the benefits that aviation brings to national and global economies.
- IATA advocates for the interests of airlines across the globe and challenges unreasonable rules and charges and strive for sensible regulation.
IATA headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada supports airline activity and helps formulate industry policy and standards. IATA which is the successor to the International Air Traffic Association, which was formed in 1919 at The Hague was formed in April 1945 in Havana, Cuba.
Tags: Budget Airlines • Canada • Cuba • Hague • Havana
Maharashtra government has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Quebec province of Canada to increase economic cooperation and welfare of tribal community in the state. The MoU was signed between Chief Minister Devendra Fadanvis and Philippe Couillard, Prime Minister of Quebec province of Canada. Under the MoU, the key areas of focus are information technology (IT), biotechnology, artificial intelligence and welfare of the tribal community.
CM Devendra Fadnavis was on week-long tour to Dubai, Canada and United States to bring business to Maharashtra. During his visit to Canada, he also met Michael Sabia, President and CEO of CDPQ which is Institutional Fund Manager that manages funds over $298 billion. The intention was to attract more investment in Pension Fund from Canada. During this meeting, CDPQ agreed to partner with some of companies in India and also shown interest in working with retail partners.