Queen Victoria Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Queen Elizabeth II on 9th September 2015 became the longest-reigning Monarch of Britain and the longest-reigning female monarch in history.
She surpassed the previous record held by her great-great-grandmother, Queen Victoria who had reigned thousand-year-old dynastical institution of Britain for more than 63 years and 7 months.
It should be noted that, presently Queen Elizabeth II (88 years old) is world’s oldest living monarch.
About Queen Elizabeth II
- Queen Elizabeth II was born as Elizabeth Alexandra Mary on 21 April 1926.
- She acceded to the throne on 6 February 1952 at the age of 25 after her father, King George VI died.
- She was crowned as queen of Britain and other realms, including Canada and Australia on 2 June, 1953.
- Presently, she is Queen of 16 member states in the Commonwealth of Nations which overall consists of overall 53 member states including India.
- She is also Head of the Commonwealth and Supreme Governor of the Church of England.
- In 1945, she had actively joined World War II as a driver in the Women’s Auxiliary Territorial Service (WATS).