Rafael Nadal Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The World number one Novak Djokovic of Serbia beats Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greece to win men’s singles title in Madrid Open tennis.
- Novak Djokovic defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas in final with 6-3, 6-4 to win men’s singles title in Mutua Madrid Open. He now has 33 trophies at the elite level.
- With this win he now holds a tie with Rafael Nadal’s record of 33 ATP Masters 1000 titles.
- This is also Djokovic’s 200th victory against a Top 10 opponent (200-90).
- The 31-year-old Djokovic has never lost a championship match in Madrid (Spain capital) and he now owns 74 tour-level trophies (74-33).
- With this times title he now has won the Madrid Open for a third time. He has earlier won Madrid Open in 2011 and 2016.
- He will hold all four Grand Slam titles to his name if he wins the second French Open title scheduled to be held in June 2019.
World number one Rafael Nadal (Spain) won the 2017 US Open title in men’s single category. It was his overall 16th Grand Slam title and third US Open title (2010 and 2013).
In the final match played at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York City, Nadal defeated world number 32, Kevin Anderson from South Africa’s by 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 score.
Other Category winners
Women’s singles: Sloane Stephens (US) won the title by defeating Madison Keys (US) by 6–3, 6–0 score.
Men’s doubles: Jean-Julien Rojer (Netherlands) and Horia Tecau (Romania) pair won the title by defeating Spanish pair of Feliciano López and Marc López by 6–4, 6–3 score.
Women’s doubles: Chan Yung-jan (Chinese Taipei) and Martina Hingis (Switzerland) pair defeating Lucie Hradecká and Kateřina Siniaková from Czech Republic by 6–3, 6–2 score.
Mixed doubles: Martina Hingis (Switzerland) and Jamie Murray (United Kingdom) pair defeated Chan Hao-ching (Chinese Taipei) and Michael Venus (New Zealand) by 6–1, 4–6, [10–8] score.
2017 US Open
The 2017 US Open was 137th edition of tennis’ US Open and the fourth and final Grand Slam event of 2017 season. It was held on outdoor hard courts at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York City.