RAHAT Current Affairs
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje inaugurated a medical project Rajasthan Heart Attack Treatment programme (RAHAT) to provide people timely treatment during heart attacks in remote and rural areas.
She also flagged off RAHAT ambulance fitted with equipment and trained paramedical staff required for treatment of heart disease. With this, Rajasthan became the second state in the country after Tamil Nadu to launch health programme against Heart Diseases.
- RAHAT project was launched by Eternal Heart Care Centre Hospital, a private hospital based in capital city Jaipur.
- It will provide emergency ambulance service and telemedicine service to the patients facing heart attack through the hospitals.
- The project is a ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI), a very serious type of heart attack, management telemedicines platform.
- It can capture and transmit patient’s EKG (electrocardiogram) along with clinical history from remote geographical locations to heart command centre hub.
- It will provide patient basic treatment in the ambulance on the way to the nearest Heart Hospital through telemedicine with help of team of expert cardiologists.