The Union Ministry of Railways has launched Rail Humsafar Saptaah, a week-long initiative to highlight significant achievements made by Indian Railways in all spheres.
The Rail Humsafar Saptaah starting on 26th May 2016 will conclude on 1st June 2016. The week-long initiative coincides with completion of two years of NDA Government at Centre.
Each day of the Rail Humsafar Saptaah will focus on a particular theme and the days have been named as
- 26th May (Swachchta Diwas): On this day Intensive Cleanliness Drive will be undertaken on all the Stations and in Trains.
- 27th May (Satkar Diwas): On this day, officers would be deputed to inspect all drinking water facilities and catering establishments at stations and in trains.
- 28th May (Sewa Diwas): On this day, each train would be monitored by nominated officer who travel by these trains and interact with passengers in all classes. He will ensure that amenities, as required, are provided and grievances of passengers are redressed.
- 29th May (Satarkata Diwas): It will be observed as punctuality day and ticket checking drive would be undertaken across the Zonal Railways.
- 30th May (Saamanjasya Diwas): Representatives of recognized unions will undertake cleanliness drive in the railway colonies and also for their upkeep and maintenance. Each Zonal Railways will plant at least 1000 trees especially in the railway colonies and other premises.
- 31st May (Sanyojan Diwas): on this day all DRMs and GMs will hold meetings and organize seminars with all Major Freight Traffic Customers. They will advise them about the various reforms and policy initiatives on the freight traffic side.
- 1st June (Sanchaar Diwas): All DRMs and GMs would review various activities under taken during the week.
- All Zonal Railways have been directed to ensure that various passenger amenities works nearing completion would be commissioned during this week.