Railways Ministry Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Railways Ministry has decided to constitute two Directorates viz. Mobility Directorate (MD) and Non-Fare Revenue Directorate (NFRD).
They will be established for creation of cross functional directorates to focus on different areas in line with the Railway Minister’s budget speech.
- Mobility Directorate: It will be constituted to focus on areas like speed enhancement.
- It will handle work such as identification and prioritization of train corridors for raising speed and identification of path for timetabled freight trains.
- Non-Fare Revenue Directorate: It will be constituted to focus on areas for enhancing revenues by 10% to 20% from Non-Tariff sources.
- Among other things, it will handle advertisement at stations, commercial exploitation of vacant land, and advertisements on coaches.
These new Directorates would work directly under the supervision of Chairman of the Railway Board.
The Union Railways Ministry has launched an application namely Project Management and Information System (PMIS) for proper monitoring of all the Railway projects throughout the country.
The application was launched by Union Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu at Rail Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Currently, Indian Railways have over 600 major projects of network expansion and modernization costing around 4.5 lakh crores rupees.
- PMIS is web-enabled IT- application application will be used for proper monitoring and management of all the Railway projects throughout the country.
- It will contain all the information about the ongoing projects which will help in reducing the completion time of the project.
- The application will also help in fixing the responsibility for delay in projects and help to watch over the life cycle of any project of the railways.