Raipur Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Justice PR Ramachandra Menon was sworn in as Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court. He now becomes 13th Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh HC. His oath of office and secrecy was administered by state Governor Anandiben Patel at Raj Bhawan, Raipur.
- The Chhattisgarh High Court is located at Bodri District in Bilaspur, Chattisgarh.
- The Chhattisgarh Chief Justice office had fallen vacant after resignation of Chief Justice Ajay Kumar Tripathi after his appointment as judicial member of Lokpal.
- Supreme Court three judge collegium headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi and other two Justice S A Bobde and Justice N V Ramana recommended appointment of Justice Menon.
- Justice Menon has earlier served as Additional Judge of Kerala High Court from January 2009 and was later appointed as permanent Judge of Kerala High Court on December 2010.
High Courts in India
The Article 214 of constitution of India mandates each state of India shall have a High Court. The Chief Justice of High Court is appointed as per Article 217 of constitution by President with consultation of CJI and Governor of respective State. The HC Judges are appointed by President in consultation with Chief Justice of India, and also Chief justice of concerned court.
Tags: Article 214 • Article 217 • Bilaspur • Chhattisgarh • Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court
Swachh Survekshan Awards are given by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs based on the survey which covered all urban local bodies in the country. The Survey was the largest such cleanliness survey in the world.
Swachh Survekshan Awards 2019
- Indore was adjudged India’s cleanest city for the third straight year.
- The second and third positions were clinched by Ambikapur in Chhattisgarh and Mysore in Karnataka.
- Ahmedabad has been named the cleanest big city with a population of more than ten lakh.
- Ujjain has been awarded cleanest medium city having a population between 3 lakh to 10 lakh.
- New Delhi Municipal Council area was given the ”Cleanest Small City” award.
- Uttarakhand’s Gauchar was adjudged the ”Best Ganga Town”.
- Bhopal has been named the cleanest capital.
- Raipur won the ‘Fastest Moving Big City’.
- Mathura-Vrindavan won the tag of Fastest Moving Medium City.
- Chhattisgarh has bagged the top spot in the category of best performing states. Jharkhand is at the second spot while Maharashtra is at the third.
The winners were awarded a statue of Mahatma Gandhi’s memento by the President Ram Nath Kovind.