Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav Current Affairs
7th edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM) 2018 under the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme was held in Bengaluru, Karnataka from January 14-20, 2018. The event was organised by Union Ministry of Culture,
It was inaugurated by Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Ananth Kumar in the presence of Minister of State for Culture Mahesh Sharma.
Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav aims to celebrate national integration and idea of unity in diversity of country. It celebrates rich culture and heritage of India. It aims to provide platform to bring together artists from each corner of country. It covers events including art forms from classical and folk, music and dance, theatre to literature and visual arts. It also showcases gallery of Indian art forms and tradition for the discerning audience.
Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat Programme
It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Ekta Diwas (31st October 2016) on the occasion of birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel. Its objective is to
- Strengthen cultural relations of various parts of country and to embolden mutual connection between people dwelling in different states.
- Celebrate unity in diversity culture of nation and bolster sentimental bonds between people of different states.
- Strengthen sentiments for National Unity between the citizens of states and states governed by union government by conducting various activities throughout the year under this campaign.
- Showcase rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity.
- Establish long-term engagements and create environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences.