Reliance Jio Current Affairs
Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Jio Infocomm has launched the Asia-Africa-Europe (AAE-1) submarine cable system. It is claimed to be world’s longest 100Gbps technology-based submarine system.
It stretches for over 25,000km from Marseille, France to Hong Kong. It will have 21 cable landings across Asia and Europe. Using it, Jio will continue to offer its customers the most exceptional high speed internet and digital service experience.
The AAE-1 project is a combination of leading telecom service providers from Europe, the Middle East and Asia. It will seamlessly link with other cable systems and fibre networks to deliver direct access to all global markets.
It will feature diversified Points of Presence (PoP) in Asia (Hong Kong and Singapore), with three onward connectivity options in Europe (France, Italy and Greece). The cable system will pass through critical hubs, serving the demand for video centric data bandwidth that supports all types of communications, applications and content within India and beyond.
The advanced design and route of AAE-1 system will offer one of the lowest latency routes between Hong Kong, India, Middle East and Europe. Using it, Reliance Jio will provide the Network Operations & Management for AAE-1 Cable System. Its Network Operations Center (NOC) will use a state of the art facility in Navi Mumbai.
Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Jio Infocomm has launched digital wallet service, named JioMoney Wallet, for Indian consumers.
JioMoney is a semi-closed prepaid wallet that aims to enable mobile-based transactions. Using it customers can store money and use it for purchasing goods and services.
Key Features of JioMoney Wallet
- The service will enable customers to make bill payments, mobile and DTH recharges, send/receive money and insurance premium payments, as well as for online shopping.
- It also allows users to send and receive money to and from family and friends. It will also enable easy transfer of JioMoney balance into the customer’s bank account.
- The wallet service allows consumers to use barcode scan to pay at physical stores.
- It also offers coupons, deals and cashback directly to customers on their mobile phone from local merchants.
- Customers with the help of Jio Money will be able to make payments from and for the entire Reliance ecosystem which includes Reliance Retail, Digital Express, Reliance Fresh etc.
The service was launched after the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had given licence to Reliance Payment Solutions for its JioMoney service in November 2015.