Reliance Jio Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The TRAI has released the Tele-density data of India. Important observations from the TRAI data are listed below:
- The total number of mobile phone subscribers in India by the end of November was 117.18 crore with a net addition of 17.39 lakh customers during the month.
- The private access service providers held 89.99 per cent market share of the wireless subscribers whereas BSNL and MTNL, the two PSU access service providers, had a market share of only 10.01 per cent as on November 2018.
- Reliance Jio led the subscription race in November 2018 adding around 88.01 lakh subscribers across the country.
- State-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) added around 3.78 lakh subscribers in November, taking its total tally to 11.38 crore.
- Airtel added around 1.02 lakh new customers in November, taking its total tally to 34.18 crores.
- On the other hand, Vodafone Idea lost around 65.26 lakh subscribers.
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is a statutory body set up by the Government of India under section 3 of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997. TRAI is the watchdog of the telecommunications sector in India.
The main objective of TRAI is to provide a fair and transparent policy environment which promotes a level playing field and facilitates fair competition and to create and nurture conditions for growth of telecommunications in the country in a manner and at a pace which will enable India to play a leading role in the emerging global information society.
Through an amendment to the TRAI Act, a Telecommunications Dispute Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) was established to take over the adjudicatory and disputes functions from TRAI.
Tags: Airtel • BSNL. MTNL • Reliance Jio • TDSAT • Tele-density
Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Jio Infocomm has launched the Asia-Africa-Europe (AAE-1) submarine cable system. It is claimed to be world’s longest 100Gbps technology-based submarine system.
It stretches for over 25,000km from Marseille, France to Hong Kong. It will have 21 cable landings across Asia and Europe. Using it, Jio will continue to offer its customers the most exceptional high speed internet and digital service experience.
The AAE-1 project is a combination of leading telecom service providers from Europe, the Middle East and Asia. It will seamlessly link with other cable systems and fibre networks to deliver direct access to all global markets.
It will feature diversified Points of Presence (PoP) in Asia (Hong Kong and Singapore), with three onward connectivity options in Europe (France, Italy and Greece). The cable system will pass through critical hubs, serving the demand for video centric data bandwidth that supports all types of communications, applications and content within India and beyond.
The advanced design and route of AAE-1 system will offer one of the lowest latency routes between Hong Kong, India, Middle East and Europe. Using it, Reliance Jio will provide the Network Operations & Management for AAE-1 Cable System. Its Network Operations Center (NOC) will use a state of the art facility in Navi Mumbai.
Tags: AAE-1 Submarine Cable System • Business • Economy • Reliance Jio