Renewable Energy Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Surat district in Gujarat become first in country to have 100% solar powered Primary Health Centers (PHCs). All 52 PHCs in the district are now powered by solar system. With this, Surat sets an example for country by developing villages that use sustainable forms of energy at a time when global warming is mounting with each passing day
The solarification of all PHCs in Surat district will bring down electricity bill by 40% and also help fight global warming. Other than PHCs, there are 572 gram panchayats in district, out of which 150 are solar powered gram panchayats and soon other 422 panchayats will too be solar powered. 75% of the total expense of making gram panchayat solar powered is borne by state government and remaining 25% by district panchayats.
Indian and French companies have exchanged 19 contracts and agreements worth over 13 billion euros in sectors including new and renewable energy, smart grid, nuclear energy, aviation, cement, telecom among others. The agreements were formalised at Indo-French Economic Partnership (IFEP) signing ceremony held in New Delhi in the context of French President Emmanuel Macron’s official state visit to India.
Aviation Sector: The biggest deals signed in terms of value were from civil aviation sector. Low-cost carrier SpiceJet signed $12.5-billion agreement with French aviation major Safran Group to supply 155 CFM LEAP-1B engines for airline’s Boeing 737 MAX aircraft, along with spare engines to support fleet.
Safran also announced its eighth facility in India at Hyderabad, Telangana with 250 employees, for production of harnesses used in civil and military aerospace applications, for both local and foreign programs.
Airports Authority of India (AAI) signed agreement with French engineering company Egis for conducting study of three airports in the country — Lucknow, Pune and Trichy.
Electric Mobility Sector: Four French companies — EdF International Networks, Citelum, G2M and Solstyce — signed an agreement to work together for developing charging infrastructure in India to support electric mobility.
Renewable energy sector: Bharat Light & Power and EDF renewed their contract pertaining to data acquisition to optimise wind and solar energy production. General collaboration agreement was also signed between French Commission for Atomic and Alternative Energy (CEA) and Vikram Solar to increase production capacity of high performance solar cells and modules.
Cement Sector: French cement maker Vicat announced investment of Rs 1,200 crore in Karnataka to double its production capacity and investment of Rs. 510 crore in cement-grinding unit in Andhra Pradesh.