River Brahmaputra Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the BOLD-QIT Surveillance along Dhubri district in Assam on the India Bangladesh border.
- BOLD-QIT stands for Border electronically dominated quick response team interception technique.
- BOLD-QIT Surveillance is part of the Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS).
- BOLD-QIT together with help the Border Security Force (BSF) in curbing all types of cross border crimes it will also provide respite to the troops from round the clock human surveillance.
- BOLD-QIT project involves the data network generated by microwave communication along with other paraphernalia, day and night surveillance cameras, and intrusion detection system.
- These modern gadgets under BOLD-QIT provide feeds to the BSF control rooms on the border and enable BSF Quick Reaction Teams to thwart any possibility of illegal cross border crossing and crimes.
Why the Dhubri Sector along the India-Bangladesh border is critical?
It is in the region of the Dhubri Sector the river Brahmaputra enters into Bangladesh. This region comprises of vast char lands and innumerable river channels. This geography of the region makes the border guarding in the area a daunting task, especially during the rainy season.
Hence the technological intervention along with the physical presence of BSF was envisaged to thwart any possibility of illegal cross border crossing and crimes. BOLD-QIT Surveillance makes the border management system more robust.