Rajendra Kumar Pachauri has been appointed as Executive Vice Chairman of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI).
The post of Executive Vice Chairman was recently created in TERI and Mr. Pachauri becomes person first person to hold the post.
About Rajendra K Pachauri
- Mr Pachauri has started his career with the Diesel Locomotive Works of Indian Railways in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Later he had shifted to US were he had served as Assistant Professor and Visiting Faculty Member in the Department of Economics and Business at North Carolina State, US.
- He was also a Visiting Professor of Resource Economics at West Virginia University affiliated College of Mineral and Energy Resources.
- Later he had returned to India and had worked with Hyderabad based Administrative Staff College of India. Later he became Director of Consulting and Applied Research Division.
- He had joined TERI as Director in 1982. Later, he was elected Chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in 2002.
- During his stint as Chairman, IPCC had won Nobel Peace Prize in 2007 for its 4th Assessment Report (AR).
- In February 2015, he was removed as Director General of TERI over sexual harassment charges. Later he was also removed as chairman of the IPCC.