S H Raza Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Legendary modern Indian artist Syed Haider Raza passed away in New Delhi following a prolonged illness. He was 94.
He was best known for popularising Indian concepts of art and iconography globally and was also building a towering legacy of modern art.
About Syed Haider Raza
- Born in 1922 in Babaria in Madala district of Madhya Pradesh. He took to drawing at the age of 12.
- He was alumni of Nagpur School of Art (1939-43), J J School of Art in Mumbai (1943-47). He also had studied art in Paris (1950-1953).
- In his painting he depicted concepts like ‘purush-prakriti’, ’bindu’ and ‘nari’ especially in his recognisable geometric abstract works.
- He had lived in Paris for six decades and had set up studios there. He had returned to India in 2011.
- Awards and Honours: Padma Shri (1981), Fellowship of the Lalit Kala Akademi (1981), Padma Bhushan (2007), Padma Vibhushan (2013) and Commandeur de la Legion d’Honneur (2015), the highest French honour for his artistic contributions.