Sahara Naval Hostel Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Lt. Governor of Delhi Anil Baijal, inaugurated the Sahara Naval Hostel for the ‘Veer Naris’ at Vasant Kunj in New Delhi.
About Sahara Hostel Project
- It is a unique Hostel project for Naval Widows or Veer Naris.
- Objective: It aims to provide rehabilitation of Naval Widows and their families in period immediately after unfortunate demise of their husbands serving the Indian Navy.
- The Naval Regimental System office has also been co-located at hostel premises for easy onsite assistance to occupants of Sahara Hostel.
- Project By: The project is steered by Indian Navy and has been built in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) partnership with National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC). NBCC is a Government of India (GoI) Navratna Enterprise that provides civil engineering construction services.
- The Hostels are comprised of compact suites equipped with all necessary amenities for dignified living, along with a common Dining Hall and a Community Hall.
- Eligibility: Widows who have completed required period in Government accommodation after demise of their husbands only those are eligible to apply for staying in hostel for a period of one year.
- Extension: for staying beyond this period will be considered based on availability and merits of case.
- Importance: The hostel addresses a long term need felt towards rehabilitation of Naval ‘Veer Naris’ and also provides them a safe and secure environment which will help them rebuild their lives.