Sahayog-Kaijin Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 15th edition of bilateral exercise by the Indian Coast Guard and its Japanese counterpart titled ‘Sahayog-Kaijin 2016’ has begun off the coast of Chennai, Tamil Nadu in the Bay of Bengal.
- Focus of Exercise: Anti-piracy procedures, search and rescue operations and interoperability between the two forces and other areas of common professional interest.
- Highlights: Japanese Coast Guard ship Echigo along with its integral helicopter is participating.
- It will also involve Indian coast guard ships like Samudra Pahredar, Rajkamal, Vishwast, Rajtarang, Hovercraft, C-415, C-417, one Dornier and one Chetak helicopter.
- Sahayog-Kaijin bilateral exercise is a part of the cooperative arrangements between two Coast Guards for the last 15 years.
- It is also as part of the memorandum on cooperation (MoC) signed between the two countries in 2006.
- It is biennial bilateral exercise held once in two years and the venue would shift in both countries on alternate occasions.