Sahitya Akademi has conferred prestigious ‘Bhasha Samman’ on four scholars for their contribution to classical and medieval literature in various languages.
The award will bestowed upon them by the President of the Sahitya Akademi at a special function which will be held later.
Recipients of Bhasha Samman
- K Meenakshi Sundaram: For his contributions to Classical and Medieval Literature (Southern). He was conferred with this award for year 2013.
- Apart from her rich contribution to medieval Tamil literature, Sundaram also has written scholarly essays on Tirukkural.
- Acharya Munishwar Jha: For his contributions to Classical and Medieval Literature (Eastern). He was conferred with this award for the year 2014.
- He has made valuable contribution in the area of Sanskrit literature.
- Charu Chandra Pande and Mathuradutt Mathpal: Jointly recognised for their work towards the enrichment of Kumauni.
Bhasha Samman: The award carries a cash prize of 1 lakh rupees along with an inscribed copper plaque and a citation. In case of joint winners, the monetary prize is equally shared between the winners.