Assam Government has launched Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY) to bring about paradigm shift towards holistic development of villages in the state.
The scheme is a mega mission aimed at bringing in revolutionary changes by doubling the farm income in the State. As per Situation Assessment Survey (period from 2002-03 to 2012-13), the farm income in Assam was recorded only 0.88% as against national average of 5.2%.
About Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana
- The scheme has financial outlay of Rs. 30,000 crore and will be implemented in all the villages in Assam in the next five years culminating in 2021-22.
- It will be implemented through ‘saturation model’ by covering each revenue village through focused interventions in direct economic activities, logistic support including market linkages, and community support.
- It will put in concerted efforts in a time bound manner to stimulate rural productivity by facilitating massive investments in rural areas for complete rural transformation in a period of 5 years.
- Under the scheme, five teams will be constituted in each block to work as a catalyst to implement different missions of the programme. These teams will prepare development plans to be implemented in each village.
- Under it, scheme village knowledge centre will be set up in each village and by bringing in synergy between it and MGNREGA, playground will be built in each village.