Sania Mirza Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 2015 US Open is a tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. It was the overall 135th edition of the US Open, the fourth and final Grand Slam event of the year 2015.
Men’s Singles title
- Novak Djokovic of Serbia has won the US Open Men’s Singles title. In the summit clash he defeated Roger Federer of Switzerland by 6-4, 5-7, 6-4 and 6-4.
- It is Djokovic’s second US Open singles title and a 10th Grand Slam singles title.
Women’s Singles Title
- Italy’s Flavia Pennetta has lifted the Women’s Singles trophy of the US Open. In the Open Era’s final match, 26th seed Pennetta defeated compatriot Roberta Vinci (Italy) in straight sets 7-6 and 6-2.
- With this victory she became the first Italian to win US Open champion and it was also her maiden US Grand Slam title.
- It was also her fourth and final Grand Slam of the season and she is only the second Italian woman to win a tennis major Grand Slam titles.
Men’s Doubles Title
- French pair of Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut won the Men’s Doubles trophy of the US Open. In the final match, they defeated, Jamie Murray (United Kingdom) and John Peers (Australia) pair by 6–4, 6–4 score.
Women’s Doubles Title
- Sania Mirza (India) and Martina Hingis (Switzerland) pair won the Switzerland women’s Doubles trophy of the US Open. In the final match, they defeated, Casey Dellacqua (Australia) and Yaroslava Shvedova (Kazakhstan) pair by 6–3, 6–3 score.
- It was their fourth title of this season after winning Wimbledon Championship, BNP Paribas Open and WTA Family Circle Cup doubles title earlier.
Mixed Doubles Title
- Leander Paes (India) and Martina Hingis (Switzerland) pair won the Mixed Doubles trophy of Final Grand Slam of the US Open. In the summit clash 4th seeded Indo-Swiss pair defeated American pair of Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Sam Querrey 6-4, 3-6, 10-7.
- It was their third title of this season after winning Australian Open and Wimbledon Championship earlier.
President Pranab Mukherjee presented the Nation Sports Awards in various categories at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on August 29, 2015 on the eve of National Sports Day.
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award
- Sania Mirza– In recognition of her outstanding achievements in game of Tennis. Presently she is ranked no 1 women’s player in Women’s Double category.
- Naval Singh- Athletics (Javelin throw) Para-sports coach.
- Anoop Singh- Wrestling coach.
- Harbans Singh- Athletics coach.
- Swatantar Raj Singh- Boxing coach.
- Nihar Ameen- Swimming coach.
- Sandeep Kumar- Archery.
- M R Poovamma- Athletics (4X400 metres relay).
- Kidambi Srikanth- Badminton.
- Mandeep Jangra- Boxing.
- Rohit Sharma- Cricket.
- Dipa Karmakar- Gymnastics.
- Sreejesh P R- Hockey.
- Manjeet Chhillar- Kabaddi.
- Abhilasha Mhatre- Kabaddi.
- Swaran Singh- Rowing.
- Anup Kumar Yama- Roller Skating.
- Jitu Rai- Shooting.
- Sathish Kumar- Weightlifting.
- Bajrang- Wrestling.
- Babita Kumari- Wrestling.
- Y Sanathoi Devi- Wushu.
- Sharath M Gayakwad- Para-Swimming.
Dhyan Chand Award
- Romeo James- Hockey.
- Shiv Prakash Mishra- Tennis.
- P Nair- Volleyball.