Saroj Kumar Jha has been appointed Senior Director for the Fragility, Conflict and Violence Group in the World Bank.
It is a key position in the World Bank to provide strategic leadership to address the challenge of fragility, conflict and violence.
About Saroj Kumar Jha
- He is an alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur.
- Prior to this appointment he was working as World Bank’s Regional Director for Central Asia based in Almaty since February 2012.
- He also had worked as the World Bank’s Global Manager for Disaster Risk Management Practice.
- He joined the World Bank as a Senior Infrastructure Specialist in the Sustainable Development Network in 2005.
- Prior to it, he had worked with the Indian Government and the United Nation’s Development Program (UNDP).