SBI Current Affairs - 2020
India’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a RuPay Platinum debit card in association with National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).
The card initially would be issued free to customers maintaining a quarterly balance of 50,000 rupees.
For the convenience of customers, this card has a special feature which is accepted at all payment channels including ATMs, point-of-sale (PoS) and eCommerce.
RuPay Platinum debit card holders will also get additional benefits like 5 per cent cash back on utility bill, complimentary concierge services, personal accident death and permanent total disability insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh, complimentary airport lounge.
It should be noted that, presently SBI has 19.7 crore debit cards in circulation. Of this total debit cards in circulation, 4.5 crore are RuPay cards.
Tags: Banking • Current Affairs 2016 • NPCI • SBI
Six Indian women entrepreneurs and businesswomen have been named by Forbes magazine as among the 50 ‘Power Businesswomen’ from Asia.
Indians included in the list are
- Arundhati Bhattacharya- Chairperson of State Bank of India (SBI). Forbes list referred her as the first lady of Indian banking and as chair of the Indian behemoth with 225 million customers.
- Chanda Kochchar- MD & CEO of ICICI Bank. Forbes list referred her as India’s second-most-powerful banker after Bhattacharya
- Akhila Srinivasan- MD of Shriram Capital.
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw- Chairman & MD of Biocon.
- Shikha Sharma- CEO of Axis Bank.
- Usha Sangwan- MD of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
About Forbes 50 Power Businesswomen list
The Asia’s 50 Power Businesswomen list showcases accomplishments of the region’s female entrepreneurs and executives for particular year.
The list includes women CEOs and founders, who are active in the upper echelons of the business world in Asia. These women wield significant business power and have access to robust financial resources.