Scheduled Caste Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Senior Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) leader and Lok Sabha MP Dileep Singh Bhuria passed away in Gurgaon, Haryana after a brief illness. He was 71.
He was Lok Sabha MP from Ratlam-Jhabua constituency of Madhya Pradesh.
Bhuria was born on June 19, 1944. He was first elected in 1972 as MLA of state legislative assembly from Petlawad seat.
He is six time Lok Sabha MP and was elected for first time in 1980 from Jhabua constituency on Congress ticket. Later he won from this constituency for five times from 1980 to 1996. In 2014, Lok Sabha election he was elected on BJP ticket from Ratlam-Jhabua constituency.
During previous NDA government led by Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee he had served as National Scheduled Castes/Schedule Tribes (SC/ST) Commission Chairman.
Haryana Government on the eve of International Women’s Day i.e. 8 March launched ‘Aapki Beti Humari Beti’ Scheme. It was launched by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar at Panchkula district of state.
Facts about Aapki Beti Humari Beti scheme
- This scheme aims to combat the problem of declining child sex ratio in Haryana.
- It will be implemented in in both rural and urban areas of the state.
- This scheme covers first-born girl child in Scheduled Caste (SC) and Below Poverty Line (BPL) families on or after January 22, 2015. The girl child born in these families is eligible to receive Rs. 21,000.
- It also covers all second girl child born on or after January 22, 2015 of all families. In this case the girl child is eligible to receive Rs. 21,000.
- While, in families where twin girls or multiple girls are born, each girl child will get Rs. 21,000.
Along with this scheme, Haryana Government also launched ‘Haryana Kanya Kosh’ for the welfare and development of girl child and women in the state.
Multi Sectoral Nutrition Programme was also launched to address the maternal and child nutrition in five districts of state. They are Narnaul, Palwal, Mewat, Kaithal and Fatehabad.