Science and Technology Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Vigyanika is the International Science Literature Festival that is organised as a part of fifth India International Science Festival (IISF) at Kolkata. It also features a Science Book Fair where more than 30 publishers are to display their scientific publications
Highlights of the event
- Vigyanika is an annual event organised by Ministry of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences
- It is coordinated by the CSIR-NISCAIR (National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources), Vigyan Bharati and Vigyan Prasar
- The event will host panel discussions, paper presentations and invited talks on themes related to public engagement with science, science communication.
- It will also feature innovative formats of science communication such as poetry, drama and magic.
- The Science Book Fair is the most attractive feature of the event. Several Scientific institutes will also display their scientific publications that includes journals, encyclopedias, science magazines and other knowledge products. The fair is also organizing competitions like debates, cartoon, etc on scientific topics
Tags: CSIR • IISF 2019 • Ministry of Science & Technology • Science and Technology • Vigyan Prasar
The Union Cabinet on October 24, 2019 approved the proposal for Agreement on Science and Technology Cooperation between India and USA.
- The countries will share scientific and technical information and experts
- They will convene seminars and meeting
- The agreement would enable cooperation between the countries in training the scientists and experts according to the requirements.
- They will conduct cooperative research projects
- The countries will establish science and innovation-based public-private partnerships.
- As the countries will leverage complementary strengths spurred by a significant convergence of mutual interests in science and technology, it will open new chapters in bilateral relations.
- It will also provide opportunities to promote high impact innovative partnerships
- The agreement will help to broaden and expand relationships between extensive scientific and technological communities.
Both India and US have good cooperation in terms of science. The space organizations of the countries ISRO and NASA have several information exchanging programs. Similarly, the defence sector of the countries are also cooperative in terms of technology transfer and in safeguarding the Indo-Pacific region. The agreement therefore will help to boost the existing cooperation between them.