Science Technology and Innovation Policy Current Affairs - 2020
The Department of Science and Technology along with the office of Principal Scientific Adviser to GoI are to jointly formulate National Science Technology and Innovation Policy 2020. The policy is to be formulated in bottom-up, decentralized process.
About the Policy
The fifth Science and Technology Policy is to be formulated by the Indian Government as the country and the world are tackling COVID-19 pandemic problems. The policy is to be formulated in four interlinked tracks. They are as follows
- Track 1
- This track involved extensive expert and public consultation process. The consultation is to be done through Science Policy Forum.
- Track 2
- This track will use expert-driven thematic consultations.
- The track will feed in evidence-based information and recommendations to the policy drafting committee
- Around 21 thematic groups have been constituted
- Track 3
- This track involves consultations from the ministry
- Track 4
- In this track, apex level multi stake holder consultation will be involved
- Industrial bodies, Institutional leaders, Global partners and inter-state consultations are to be adopted in this track
Around 25 policy research fellows and scientists associated with Department of Science and Technology are to be involved in the policy making. The policy will also include lessons learnt from COVID-19.