Scientist Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Senior DRDO scientist Satheesh Reddy, has been conferred with the prestigious Fellowship of the Royal Institute of Navigation (RIN).
RIN has recognised Mr. Reddy for his work in the field of inertial and satellite-based navigation and avionics technologies.
With this he also became the first Indian to get the fellowship from Royal Institute of Navigation.
Currently, Dr Sathish Reddy is Director at Research Centre Imarat (RCI) of DRDO. He is also one of the leading navigation and avionics experts in the country with nearly three decades of experience.
He also had led the development of avionics technologies in critical areas of embedded computers, control, navigation, guidance, ground systems, telemetry etc.
He also had played important role in development of the Redundant Navigation System (RNS) for long duration missions and navigating accurately the Agni 5 Indian ICBM class long range missile over a range of more than 5000 km.
About Royal Institute of Navigation (RIN)
- It was established in 1947.
- It is one of the world’s leading professional bodies dedicated to advancement of navigation around the world.
- In the past, the Institute has elected nearly 450 highly distinguished navigation professionals as Fellows from all over the world.
Tags: awards • Current Affairs 2016 • DRDO • Scientist
India’s Dr. Alka Beotra has been nominated as a member of the World Association of Anti-Doping Scientists’ (WAADS) executive board.
She is only Asian in the six-member executive board of WAADS and will have tenure of 3 years starting from March 2015.
At present, Dr. Alka Beotra is Scientific Director of National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL).
About World Association of Anti-Doping Scientists (WAADS)
- The WAADS is an international organisation that comprises anti-doping scientists from all the WADA-accredited labs across the world.
- Purpose- It provides assistance to combat the issue of doping in sport.
- It also seeks to allow WADA-accredited laboratories to interact within their own group.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Scientist • Sports