Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India and Bangladesh will jointly produce a feature movie on life and works of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman (founding father of People’s Republic of Bangladesh) and also a documentary on Bangladesh Liberation War (1971). India’s state broadcaster Prasar Bharati will co-produce the film.
- The decision was taken after Bangladeshi delegation led by Dr. Gowher Rizvi (adviser to Prime Minister of Bangladesh) recently met secretary and other officials of Information & Broadcasting Ministry and focussed on various aspects of making of feature film.
- The announcement is a culmination of three-year dialogue between India and Bangladesh on the issue. Earlier, decision of co-production was announced by Prime Ministers of India Narendra Modi and of Bangladesh Prime Ministers Sheikh Hasina.
- The movie announcement comes in backdrop of raging debate on National Register of Citizens (NRC) in northeast which seeks to disenfranchise Bangladeshi migrants.
- Movie on Sheikh Mujibur Rahman will be directed by renowned filmmaker Shyam Benegal and script will be written by Atul Tiwari.
- Bangladeshi Delegation assured full cooperation in ensuring smooth logistics for shooting movie in Bangladesh.
- For documentary on Bangladesh Liberation War (1971) it was mutually agreed that director would be from Bangladesh and he will be assisted by a co-director from India.
- Other decisions: Prasar Bharati agreed to carry Bangladesh TV on DD Free Dish platform without charging carriage fees (i.e. free of cost.). In a reciprocal gesture, delegation from Bangladesh announced that a Doordarshan channel will be adopted on the about to launched DTH platform of Bangladesh. A working agreement on cooperation between All India Radio (India’s national public radio broadcaster) and Bangladesh Betar (state-owned radio broadcasting organisation of Bangladesh) was also agreed upon between the two countries starting from next month.
Tags: 1971 war • All India Radio • angabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman • Atul Tiwari • Bangladesh Betar
Bangladesh observed Mujibnagar Day on 17th April. On the Occasion Bangladeshi PM Sheikh Hasina paid tributes to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman at the Bangabandhu Memorial Museum, in Dhanmondi, Dhaka.
Mujibnagar Day is observed on 17th April because on this day senior leaders of Awami League assembled at Baidyanathtala—a mango orchard that was later named as Mujibnagar—in Meherpur district on April 17, to form the provisional government of independent Bangladesh.
The provincial government was formed in the absence of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, since he was arrested and flown to Pakistan after Pakistan’s military cracked down on the Bangalis on the night of March 25, 1971.
Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, famously known as Bangabandhu was declared the first president of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, while Vice-president Syed Nazrul Islam became the acting president in the absence of Bangabandhu.
On the occasion Bangladesh paid tribute to Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Syed Nazrul Islam and the first prime minister, Tajuddin Ahmad, the first Cabinet Ministers Khandoker Moshtaque Ahmed, M Mansur Ali and AHM Quamaruzzaman.
Tags: AHM Quamaruzzaman. • Bangabandhu • Bangladesh • Dhaka • Khandoker Moshtaque Ahmed