Shijian16 Satellite Current Affairs
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
China has successfully launched its second Shijian-16 series satellite for space research and experiments. The first Shijian-16 satellite was launched in October 2013.
The satellite was launched on board of Long March-4B rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in Jiuquan, northwest China’s Gansu Province. It was the 231st by a Long March rocket.
- The second Shijian-16 satellite will be used for space environment measurements and technology testing.
- It will mainly probe the space environment, radiation and its effects and also record space physical environment parameters and conduct other related space experiments.
About Long March-4B rocket
- Long March-4B rocket is s a Chinese orbital carrier rocket used to launch sun-synchronous orbiting meteorological satellites.
- The carries was developed by the Shanghai Academy of Space Flight Technology (SAST) and was first introduced in May 1999.
- It is three stages rocket weighing 248470 kg and s 45.58 meters long and has diameter of 3.35 meters. It is capable to launch a 2800 kg satellite into low Earth orbit.