Shillong Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 22nd National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) 2019 successfully concluded at Shillong, capital of Meghalaya with the adoption of ‘Shillong Declaration’ on e-Governance.
It was organized by Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DAPRG), Ministry of Personnel and Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), in collaboration with Government of Meghalaya organized from 8-9 August 2019. Its theme was “Digital India: Success to Excellence”. On sidelines of this conference, an exhibition was also organized during the event to showcase India’s achievements in the field of e-Governance.
Shillong Declaration calls for
- Improving citizen’s experience with Government services by promoting timely implementation of India Enterprise Architecture (IndEA) and implementing single sign-on for interoperability and
- integration among e-Government applications throughout the country
- Consolidating plethora of successful State level e-Governance projects and domain-based projects with focus to replicate them as common application software.
- Taking steps to further improve connectivity in North Eastern (NE) States of India by addressing issues of telecommunications connectivity at grassroot level and formulating and implementing comprehensive telecom development plan.
- Taking steps for enhancing activities of Electronics Sector Skill Council in NE States and explore possibility for opening an electronics skill center in Shillong.
- Promoting use of e-Office and moving towards less paper state secretariats in NE States and in District level offices.
- Improving quality of delivery of e-Services in North East to fulfil vision of improved citizen experience
- Developing India as global cloud hub and facilitate development of Government applications and databases on Cloud by default
- Adopting emerging technologies for finding e-Governance solutions
- Promoting Digital India Projects with focus on Smart Villages and Smart Cities through Startups and Smart Entrepreneurship.
Tags: 22nd National Conference on e-Governance • Digital India • e-governance • India Enterprise Architecture • NCeG 2019
The 22nd National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) 2019 will be held in Shillong, capital of Meghalaya. This will be for first time this mega knowledge sharing event will be organized in the north-eastern region of the country.
22nd National Conference on e-Governance 2019
- Organized by: Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) in association with Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and Meghalaya State Government. It is being held in Shillong is part of the DARPG’s 100 days initiatives.
- Theme of the conference: ‘Digital India: Success to Excellence’. Besides there will be discussions held on five sub-themes in plenary sessions during conference. Four breakout sessions will be held on the sub-themes.
- Purpose: It will provide considerable momentum to e-Governance initiatives in North east region, providing opportunities to civil servants and others to showcase their successful interventions in improving end-to-end service deliver
- Participation: It will see participation of as many as 28 states and eight Union Territories and over 450 delegates.
- Exhibition: It will be also held on sidelines of this event to showcase India’s achievements in the field of e-Governance, along with hall of fame/photo exhibition on the award winners.