Shinzo Abe Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Modi has won many a heart in Japan too. The Japan visit has highlighted some very interesting and undiscovered traits of his colorful personality. His demeanor, style and eloquence has placed in a new league of international statesmen who are heading the topmost nations of the world. He has been known for his extempore unscripted speeches which usually strike a chord with all those who get a chance to listen to him. In addition to it, he amazed the Japanese and international audience by his unique ways to break the status quo by being an active and curious participant of every event he visited, taking time to talk to people and other exchanges.
Japan and India relations have definitely started a new chapter of more warm and strategic relations. A lot can be owed to the aura of the two leaders who are immensely popular in their nations, have majority support and also are known for being decisive. Modi’s vision for India has been very well conveyed along with the importance he attached to the role of Japan in fulfilling it.
In his effort to invite Japanese businesses to invest in India and encourage them to manufacture in India, he presented a very strong case especially by stating that his government has replaced the hitherto ‘red tape’ with ‘red carpet’ for all those who want to do business in India. Sticking to his style of effective speeches, he made strong arguments which work in favor for India as a new destination for manufacturing. The new case was of three Ds- Democracy, Demography and Demand which he said were the basic needs of every businessman and the essentials for the businesses to operate smoothly and expand. Mr. Modi has already promised a special channel for all clearances for licenses via PMO to help the overseas investors to overcome hurdles.
The trip has generated a lot of positive energy and is sure to bring in lot of investment to India. Indians are happy with the performance of the new government in its 100 day show and are willing to give it more time to prove its mettle. The new leap in GDP has brought back smiles to many Indians. The markets are upbeat. The good days if not back as yet will definitely return soon.
PM Narendra Modi known for his exceptional style and elegance has won the Japanese hearts by his special gestures and words. Overwhelmed by the great hospitality and respect offered by his Japanese counterpart, Mr. Modi expressed his gratitude for such warm welcome and respect. After a weekend of touring historic places, temples and monuments in Japan, the PM declared Monday talks as highly fruitful and useful. India and Japan inked many key pacts which will put India on a new footing and help it enhance its technology and infrastructure at par with the first world nations. The key points to the strategic meeting held are:
• Japan will invest Rs. 2.1 lakh crores in India over a span of 5 years
• The investment will be spread across infrastructure, clean energy and skill development initiatives.
• Number of Japanese companies operating in India will be doubled in 5years.
• Japan-India Promotion Partnership was announced
• Japanese PM also agreed to provide all kinds of technical, financial and operational support for the introduction of bullet trains or Shinkansen along Mumbai-Ahmedabad route.
• Both countries also agreed to synergize their efforts for the procurement of LPG and upstream development of oil and gas.
• PM Modi assured the Japanese investors to speeden the clearance requirements for setting business in India. He assured of starting a special track via PMO for the same.
• Tokyo also cleared six Indian Space and Defence-related entities from its foreign end-user list.
• Tokyo also expressed its position in favor of India’s full-membership of the Nuclear Suppliers Group.
• There were other significant discussions which will take the partnership and Indo-Japan relations on a new and higher ground. These are:
1. Agreement to produce rare earth materials
2. Sale of US-2 Amphibian Aircraft proposed
3. Accelerating steps to clinch early civil nuclear deal etc.