Shivaji Maharaj Current Affairs - 2020
Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman gave away Republic Day Parade 2018 best tableau award to Maharashtra and best marching contingent award to Punjab Regiment Contingent.
The ceremonial Republic Day Parade 2018 was held on 26 January 2018 at Rajpath to celebrate 69th Republic Day. It was presided over by President Ram Nath Kovind and 10 leaders of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) were guests of honour. India’s military might was fully displayed during the annual celebrations.
Total of 23 tableaux (14 from States & Union Territories, 2 from Ministry of External Affairs and rest of the tableaux from other Ministries/Departments) participated in this year’s Republic Day Parade. Ministry of External Affairs 2 tableaux depicted long socio-cultural, religious, educational & trade relations between India and 10 ASEAN countries
Republic Day Parade 2018 Awards
Best marching contingent
- Among Three Services: Punjab Regiment (1st).
- Among para-military and other auxiliary forces: Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
- First: Tableau from Maharashtra depicting coronation of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was awarded first prize.
- Second: Tableau from Assam depicting traditional masks and sastras begged second prize.
- Third: Tableau of Chhattisgarh depicting Ramgarh’s ancient amphitheatre along with artistes performing dance, based on Kalidasa’s Meghadootam was awarded third prize.
- Union Ministries/Departments Category: Tableaux of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports depicting ‘Khelo India’ was given first prize.
School children items category
- First prize: South Central Zone Cultural Centre, Nagpur (Maharashtra) performing ‘Baredi Dance’ from Madhya Pradesh.
- Consolation prizes: It was awarded to North East Zone Cultural Centre, Dimapur (Nagaland) for performing Sangrai Mog Dance of Tripura and Oxford Foundation School, Najafgarh, Delhi for performing Shikshit Bharat, Shashakt Bharat dance.