Former Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik announced his retirement from Test cricket and now will play only in the One-Day International (ODI).
He made this announcement after finishing Test match against England in Sharjah, UAE after he had made a comeback in Test format after five years of gap.
- Shoaib Malik had made his ODI debut in 1999 against the West Indies and his Test debut was against Bangladesh in 2001.
- In his career, Malik had played 35 Tests matches and scored 1,898 runs. It comprised of three centuries and eight half-centuries.
- He had taken 29 wickets in his Tests career and his best was of 4-33 against England in October 2015.
- His bowling action also had come under scrutiny and was banned for one-year ban from international cricket in March 2010.
- Malik is married to Indian tennis legend Sania Mirza since 2010.