Novak Djokovic (World no 1) from Serbia has won the 2016 ATP Toronto Masters also known as the Rogers club title in the men’s single category.
In the final match, he defeated Kei Nishikori (World no 6) of Japan by 6-3, 7-5 score. It was Djokovic’s his 66th career title and fourth Canadian title (won in 2007, 2011 and 2012).
Women’s singles title
- Simona Halep (World no 5) of Romania won the Rogers club title in the women’s single category. In the final match she defeated Madison Keys of US by 7-6, 6-3 score. It was her overall 14th WTA title.
Men’s doubles title
- Ivan Dodig (Croatia) and Marcelo Melo (Brazil) won the Rogers club title in the men’s doubles category. They defeated pair of Jamie Murray (Scotland) and Bruno Soares (Brazil).
Women’s doubles title
- Russian pair of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina won the Rogers club title in the women’s doubles category. In the final match they defeated Romanian pair of Simona Halep and Monica Niculescu.
About Rogers Cup
- The Rogers Cup is also known as Canadian Open/Masters. It is held in Toronto (for men) and Montreal (for women).
- The men’s competition is a Masters 1000 event on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) tour.
- The women’s competition is a Premier 5 tournament on the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) tour. The competition is played on hard courts.