Veteran music director and lyricist Ravindra Jain passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was 71.
He was a soulful musician and an accomplished lyricist and renowned vocalist and never had let his visual disability hinder his talent.
About Ravindra Jain
- He was born in the family of a Sanskrit scholar on 28th February 1944 in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- He had started his singing career very tender age by reciting bhajans and poetry at temples. He began his musical journey in Bollywood in the 1970s.
- Since then he has composed music for almost 150 movies apart from working with Sagar Films for their television series.
- His famous songs are ‘Geet Gaata Chal’, ‘Chor Machaye Shor’, ‘Chitchor’, ‘Nadiya ke Paar’, ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’, ‘Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se’, ‘Do Jasoos’ and ‘Henna’.
- Awards: Filmfare Award for Best Music for ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ (1985), Lata Mangeshkar Lifetime Achievement Award of Maharashtra Government and Padmashri (2015).