Skill India Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The National Institute of Design has been inaugurated at Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh and Jorhat in Assam. The Union Minister for Commerce and Industries Suresh Prabhu inaugurated the Institutions.
Establishment of National Institute of Design
- Design and innovation have taken prime importance in many sectors, policies, and schemes of the government like “Make in India”, “Skill India”, “Digital India”, “Startup India”, and “Smart City initiatives”. Hence it is imperative to promote design education.
- National Design Policy 2007 had recommended setting up design institutes on the lines of NID, Ahmedabad in other parts of India to promote design programs. Hence National Institute of Design is being established Andhra Pradesh (Amaravati), Assam (Jorhat), Madhya Pradesh (Bhopal) and Haryana (Kurukshetra).
- NIDs in different regions of the country will help produce highly skilled manpower in design which, in turn, will create job opportunities, both direct and indirect, by providing sustainable design interventions for crafts, handloom, rural technology, small, medium and large-scale enterprises and outreach programs for capacity, capability and institution building.
- NIDs will fulfil the requirement of designers in the country and expose them to employment opportunities, which will lead the country towards higher socio-economic growth.
National Institute of Design
- The National Institute of Design was established based on the recommendations of the Eames Report. It was established as an autonomous all-India body in September 1961 at Ahmedabad in association with the Ford Foundation and the Sarabhai family.
- Over the years, the National Institute of Design has emerged as an internationally finest educational and research institutions for Industrial, Communication, Textile and IT Integrated (Experiential) Design. It works as an autonomous institution under the aegis of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The National Institute of Design has been declared ‘Institution of National Importance’ by the Act of Parliament, by virtue of the National Institute of Design Act 2014.
The National Design Institution at Bhopal and Jorhat will provide 4-year undergraduate courses in industrial design, communication design and apparel & textile design.
Tags: Amaravati • Andhra Pradesh • Assam • Bhopal • Digital India • Eames Report • Ford Foundation • Haryana • Institution of National Importance • Jorhat • Kurukshetra • Madhya Pradesh • Make in India • National Institute of Design • National Institute of Design Act 2014 • Skill India • Smart City • Startup India • Union Minister for Commerce and Industries
A tripartite MoU was signed between Tourism and Hospitality Sector Skill Council (THSC) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) with Airbnb, the world’s leading community-driven hospitality company.
The MoU was signed in line with Government’s endeavor to promote entreprenuership under Government’s Skill India Programme. It will also provide hospitality skills training to hospitality micro-entrepreneurs in India.
Features of MoU
The MoU aims to empower more citizens, including those in underserved areas and rural to join alternate accommodation sector and pursue new livelihood opportunities by sharing their homes. It will establish occupation standards and competency matrices for job roles and develop courses for hospitality entrepreneurs offering homestay and facilities and local experiences for travellers.
It will create standards for certification and accreditation as per requirements and global benchmarks of Tourism and Hospitality industry for hospitality entrepreneurs offering homestay facilities. It will set framework for long-term Council-Industry partnership and strengthen Skilled Labour Pool required by Tourism and Hospitality industry.
Through this partnership, Airbnb, NSDC and THSC will work together to create an accredited skill development module for hospitality entrepreneurs offering homestay facilities, unique accommodations and local experiences. Airbnb will support Skill India Mission by creating 50,000 hospitality entrepreneurs in India.