Social Networking Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Government has launched a new digital platform ‘Twitter Samvad’ in association with social networking giant Twitter.
The digital platform was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on 24 March 2015 during his meeting with Twitter Chief Executive Dick Costolo.
About Twitter Samvad
- The service aims to boost the nation’s e-governance plans and facilitate direct communication between leaders, government agencies and citizens.
- Twitter Samvad is based on a digital platform provided by an Indian company ZipDial which was recently acquired by Twitter.
- Through this platform a set of curated Tweets from the Twitter handled accounts of the government and the leaders will be delivered to mobile-phone users every day across the country as text messages.
- The service will also play important role during emergencies by helping government agencies to share live updates, even time-sensitive information on law and order or rescue.
As of now, 16 government offices are participating in Twitter Samvad. It includes Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Railways, Bengaluru Police and the Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Gujarat.
Facebook has acquired the shopping search engine TheFind. With the acquisition, the social networking giant Facebook has signaled its future plans to move into the e-commerce.
The acquisition aims to improve Facebook ads experience and lift its digital advertising business. The technology of TheFind will be integrated into Facebook in order to make ads more relevant and better for consumers.
Since July 2014, the social networking giant was testing a buy button to let its users purchase online goods directly. With the acquisition of TheFind, Facebook will be able to add additional shopping tools to its service.
- Founded in 2006.
- It was co-founded by CEO Siva Kumar and CTO Shashikant Khandelwal both are native Indians. Since its establishment, it had raised US 26 million dollars in three investment rounds.