South Korea Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
China claimed four gold medals at 2019 ITTF World Tour Hong Kong Open, covering both Men’s single & doubles and Women’s single & doubles.
In 2019 edition of ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) World Tour Hong Kong Open, China sent only their young guns and made star players, like Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Liu Shiwen and Ding Ning rest for next week’s Japan Open.
- Women’s Singles: Wang Yidi of China won her first women’s singles title on international level by defeating No.2 seed Mima Ito of Japan with a thunderous 4-0 scoreline.
- Women’s Doubles: In women’s doubles final, Chinese pair Chen Ke and Mu Zi overcame Jeon Ji-hee and You Eun-chong of Republic of Korea (South Korea), registering their first trophy as a pair.
- Men’s Singles: Lin Gaoyuan of China added another gold after he registered a six-set victory over Tomokazu Harimoto of Japan, to whom Lin lost at final hurdle of 2018 edition of ITTF World Tour Grand Final.
- Men’s Doubles: Liang Jingkun and Lin Gaoyuan of China won men’s doubles title by defeating Jang Woo-jin and Lim Jong-hoon of South Korea. It is the Chinese players’ first gold medal success as a pair on the ITTF World Tour.
Tags: 2019 ITTF World Tour Hong Kong Open • China • Gold Medals • International Table Tennis Federation • ITTF World Tour
The South Korean Tech Giant, Samsung Electronics Co unveiled world’s highest-resolution image sensor, with 64 megapixels for smartphones. This is a step to meet increasing demand for mobile devices with better image quality.
About Image Sensor
- Samsung expanded its 0.8-micrometer pixel image sensor (smallest pixel size currently available in global market) lineup by introducing two new 0.8-micrometer pixel image sensors:
- 64-megapixel ISOCELL Bright GW1 (for advanced handsets)
- 48-megapixel ISOCELL Bright GM2 (for flagship phones)
- The two image sensors are currently being sampled and its mass production will soon start in second half of 2019.
- The image sensor market is expected to grow exponentially by 2030 in line with advancements in about to be introduced 5G technologies and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Applications: Apart from Smart Phones, Vehicle components are next market for image sensors, ranging from parking assistant system to autonomous driving (self-driving cars).
Note: In Global market share of Image Sensor shipments, Japan’s Sony comapany accounted for 26.1% of global market in 2018, followed by Samsung’s 23.2%.