South Korea Current Affairs - 2020
As per new comparative study by Accenture, India ranked eighth in the list of ten countries in terms of digital governance. Singapore topped the list, followed by Norway and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
As indicated in the report, high-performing digital governments are focusing on their digital strategy, continuing long-term investment in key information and communication technology (ICT) assets and leveraging the power of new technologies viz. social media, mobility, analytics, big data, cloud computing, etc. These countries are also connected across agency boundaries and have a strong culture of collaboration and data sharing.
- Countries where survey conducted by Acenture: Brazil, Germany, India, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the UAE, the United Kingdom and the United States. (Gave a cumulative score from one to 10).
- Parameters that are taken into account to measure the countries digital governance: Citizen Service Delivery Experience, Citizen Satisfaction and Service Maturity.
- Citizens’ perception of digital government in the survey: 81% – would like their government to provide more services through digital channels and 64%- would like to use social media to engage with government.
Note: Digital governance means to offer online portals to access public services to employing digital channels and social media to communicate and engage with citizens.
Tags: Brazil • Current Affairs 2014 • Germany • IT • Norway
The 44th World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting at Davos, Switzerland from January 22 to 25, 2014.
The event sets the key priorities and challenges for the world to tackle in 2014.
- Theme: ‘The Reshaping of the World: Consequences for Society, Politics and Business’.
- Objective: To develop the insights, initiatives and actions necessary to respond to current and emerging challenges.
- Approx 40 heads of state or government among more than 2,500 global leaders from over 100 countries are attending the WEF viz. UK, Australia, Japan, Iran, India, Israel, Brazil, Italy, Mauritius, Republic of Korea , etc.
- From India a 125-member delegation including senior ministers and top corporate leaders are attending the meeting.
- During the summit, in addition to economic issues and hardcore business talks, problems in Syria, Iran’s possible return to global diplomatic tables, future of euro zone are expected to hog the limelight.
- The Swiss bank has put up innovative ideas to attract rich clients from India and other countries by providing services like ‘cash courier’ as well as by offering large metal vaults to store currency notes, gold, artworks and other valuables. Also, on the platter is advice to put money in virtual currencies, especially in the wake of Bitcoin ATMs becoming operational in Zurich.
The World Economic Forum is an independent international organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Tags: Australia • Brazil • Current Affairs 2014 • IBPS • India