Union Government has announced 1.25 lakh crore rupees special package for poll bound Bihar as part of Prime Minister’s Bihar Package.
It was announced by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Arrah, Bihar.
- The special package to Bihar was declared in line with the on-going national social sector schemes of Union Government.
- These schemes are Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, Atal Pension Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, Free LPG connections to BPL and Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan.
- Roads and Railways: Off the total package amount around 55 thousand crore rupees will be spent on 4 laning and widening of highways. It will include construction of bridges across Sone, Kosi and Ganga, rivers and 12 Rail overbridges. Besides, around 14 thousand crore rupees will be provided for rural roads.
- Barauni Refinery: Over 21,000 crore rupees will be allocated for expansion of Barauni Refinery and setting up of new Petrochemical Plant along with construction of Gas pipelines and massive expansion in domestic LPG connections.
- Electrification: Around 16,000 crore rupees will be earmarked for electrification of villages and towns and over 3000 crore rupees for farmers welfare.
- Other investments: It will include over 40500 crore rupees which is unspent amount of 2013 Package given to state for the ongoing works of National Highways and Ultra Mega Power Project in Banka.