Startup India Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Students from IIT- Kharagpur has devised a code for a Smartphone application to address the problem of detecting fake Indian currency.
Detecting Fake Currency
- Students of IIT- Kharagpur has developed an image processing application which can detect counterfeit currency.
- A user can upload a currency note image and the mobile app would verify its authenticity using 25 features extracted from the front and rear side of the currency note.
- If the app finds the discrepancies with the features it reports about the failure checkpoints.
Smart India Hackathon 2019
Smart India Hackathon 2019 organised by Ministry of Human Resource and Development in association with AICTE, i4c and Persistent Systems provided a unique Open Innovation Model for identifying new and disruptive technology innovations to solve the challenges faced in the country.
Smart India Hackathon aimed to
- Harness creativity & expertise of students
- Spark institute-level hackathons
- Build funnel for ‘Startup India’ campaign
- Crowdsource solutions for improving governance and quality of life
- Provide an opportunity for citizens to provide innovative solutions to India’s daunting problems.
Smart India Hackathon 2019 together with earlier editions in 2017 and 2018 proved to be extremely successful in promoting innovation, out-of-the-box thinking in young minds, especially engineering students from across India.
The National Institute of Design has been inaugurated at Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh and Jorhat in Assam. The Union Minister for Commerce and Industries Suresh Prabhu inaugurated the Institutions.
Establishment of National Institute of Design
- Design and innovation have taken prime importance in many sectors, policies, and schemes of the government like “Make in India”, “Skill India”, “Digital India”, “Startup India”, and “Smart City initiatives”. Hence it is imperative to promote design education.
- National Design Policy 2007 had recommended setting up design institutes on the lines of NID, Ahmedabad in other parts of India to promote design programs. Hence National Institute of Design is being established Andhra Pradesh (Amaravati), Assam (Jorhat), Madhya Pradesh (Bhopal) and Haryana (Kurukshetra).
- NIDs in different regions of the country will help produce highly skilled manpower in design which, in turn, will create job opportunities, both direct and indirect, by providing sustainable design interventions for crafts, handloom, rural technology, small, medium and large-scale enterprises and outreach programs for capacity, capability and institution building.
- NIDs will fulfil the requirement of designers in the country and expose them to employment opportunities, which will lead the country towards higher socio-economic growth.
National Institute of Design
- The National Institute of Design was established based on the recommendations of the Eames Report. It was established as an autonomous all-India body in September 1961 at Ahmedabad in association with the Ford Foundation and the Sarabhai family.
- Over the years, the National Institute of Design has emerged as an internationally finest educational and research institutions for Industrial, Communication, Textile and IT Integrated (Experiential) Design. It works as an autonomous institution under the aegis of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The National Institute of Design has been declared ‘Institution of National Importance’ by the Act of Parliament, by virtue of the National Institute of Design Act 2014.
The National Design Institution at Bhopal and Jorhat will provide 4-year undergraduate courses in industrial design, communication design and apparel & textile design.
Tags: Amaravati • Andhra Pradesh • Assam • Bhopal • Digital India • Eames Report • Ford Foundation • Haryana • Institution of National Importance • Jorhat • Kurukshetra • Madhya Pradesh • Make in India • National Institute of Design • National Institute of Design Act 2014 • Skill India • Smart City • Startup India • Union Minister for Commerce and Industries