Startup India Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Government has launched the Startup India portal (http://startupindia.gov.in) and mobile application.
It was launched by the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) Ramesh Abhishek in New Delhi as an integral component of the Action Plan of the Startup India.
- Information Availability: The portal and mobile app provide up-to- date information issued by various Government ministries/ departments.
- They will also provide information regarding incubators and funding agencies recognized for the purpose of recommending Startups.
- Startup India Hub: It was established within Invest India, will be a single point of contact for the entire Startup ecosystem.
- It would enable exchange of knowledge and will work in a hub and spoke model with Governments, Angel Funds, VCs, Incubators, Mentors, etc.
- It will assist Startups on all aspects through their lifecyclesuch as providing mentorship, incubator facilities, IPR support, funding etc.
- Application for Startup Recognition: It provides simple and user friendly process of recognition for start-ups listed in the Startup India Action Plan.
- Real Time Startup Recognition: Provide a real time digital version final recognition certificate is provided to Startups on completion of the application process.
- Verification of Recognition Certificate: The portal and mobile app will help in process of
verification of certificates by entering the Startup Recognition/ Certificate Number.
- Approval of Inter-Ministerial Board: Inter-Ministerial Board set up DIPP will verify the eligibility of Startups opting to avail Tax and IPR related benefits.
- The “Startup India” initiative was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 16, 2016 at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi.
- As part of it Startup India Action Plan was released. It highlights initiatives envisaged by the Government to develop a conducive Startup ecosystem in the country.