Steve Smith Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Australian cricketer Steve Smith has been named Cricketer of the Year for 2015 at the International Cricket Council (ICC) Awards ceremony in Dubai.
With this, Smith became the 4th Australian and 11th overall player to win the prestigious award named after Sir Garfield Sobers. He was also adjudged the Test Cricketer of the Year for 2015.
During the voting period, which ran from September 2014 to September 2015, Steve Smith has finished as the leading run-scorer in Tests with 1,734 runs in 25 innings of 13 matches at an average of 82.57. This included seven centuries and six half-centuries.
In One-Day Internationals format for same voting period, Smith had scored 1,249 runs at an average of just under 60 with four centuries and eight half-centuries in 26 matches.
South Africa’s ODI captain AB de Villiers was named the ODI Cricketer of the Year for 2015 for the second time in a row.
Other Categories ICC awards
- ICC Emerging player of the year: Josh Hazlewood (Australia).
- Best T20 performance of the year: Faf du Plessis (South Africa).
- Spirit of Cricket award: Brendon McCullum (New Zealand).
- ICC Associate player of the year: Khurram Khan (UAE).
- Umpire of the year: Richard Kettleborough (England).
- Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year: Meg Lanning (Australia).
- T20I Women’s Cricketer of the Year: Stefanie Taylor (West Indies).
About ICC Awards
The ICC Awards is a set of sports awards for the game of cricket recognising and honouring the best international cricket players of the previous 12 months. The Awards has been institutionalised by International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2004 and since then awarded annually.