Sudan Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Africa-India Joint Field Training Exercise (AFINDEX-19) between the Indian Army and 16 African nations will be conducted in Pune from March 18 to 27.
Features of AFINDEX-19
- 10 personnel, each from the participating nations from the African continent and personnel of Maratha Light Infantry of the Indian Army will participate in the joint exercise.
- The joint exercise would be held at Pune’s Foreign Training Node at Aundh Military Station and College of Military Engineering in Kirkee.
- AFINDEX-19 aims to train the participating contingents in Humanitarian Mine Assistance (HMA) and Peace Keeping Operations (PKO) under the United Nations Charter through practical and comprehensive discussions and tactical exercises
- Contingents from Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan, South Africa, Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique, Uganda, Niger & Zambia are part of the joint exercise together with officers from Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo and Madagascar as Observers.
- The joint exercise will also focus on achieving interoperability, learning each other’s methodologies and tactics through synchronised operational level planning and tactical level training.
- The joint exercise will also cover the dynamics of raising a Mission headquarters, nuances of establishing military observer team sites in disturbed
AFINDEX-19 is expected to greatly facilitate sharing of Indian Armed Forces experiences in United Nations Peace Keeping operations with countries in Africa and shall significantly enhance relations with the African continent.
Tags: AFINDEX-19 • Africa • Africa-India Joint Field Training Exercise • Democratic Republic of Congo • Egypt • Ghana • India-Africa • Madagascar • Maratha Light Infantry • Mozambique • Namibia • Niger • Nigeria • Rwanda • Senegal • South Africa • Sudan • Tanzania • Uganda • Zambia
Indian Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX) will be held at Aundh Military Station and College of Military Engineering, Pune from 18 March to 27 March 2019.
The modalities for the IAFTEX were discussed in the conference held between 23-24 January 2019. The conference saw attendance from delegates of Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan, South Africa, Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique, Uganda, Niger and Zambia.
Features of the IAFTX
The important features of the IAFTX are:
- IAFTX joint exercise is being conducted between India and a dozen African Countries.
- The joint exercise aims at synergising humanitarian mine action and joint peace operations.
- The joint exercise is a step forward towards growing political and military ties with the member nations of the African continent and will boost the already strong strategic cooperation between the countries.
- The joint exercise will see participation from Nigeria, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Senegal, Sudan, Tanzania, Zambia, Namibia, Mozambique and Uganda.
- The exercise is being conducted with an aim to synergise United Nations peacekeeping operations.
- The exercise will aid in forging better military ties and extending India’s outreach in Africa.
Also, it is expected that Army Chief General Bipin Rawat along with senior officers from participating nations would attend the validation ceremony once the exercise is concluded.