Sudhir Tailang Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Famous political cartoonist Sudhir Tailang, passed away in Gurgaon, Haryana after battling with brain cancer for a long time. He was 56.
He was known for his political cartoons that chronicled contemporary Indian politics with wit and humour.
About Sudhir Tailang
- Tailang was born in Rajasthan’s Bikaner on Febnruary 26, 1960.
- His first cartoon published in a newspaper at the age of 10 in 1970. He got his first major break in Mumbai based Illustrated Weekly of India in 1982.
- As a cartoonist, he had worked in a number of Indian newspapers including Hindustan Times, Indian Express and The Times of India.
- For several years he was with the Hindustan Times and his last assignment was with the Asian Age.
- In 2009, he had published book of cartoons titled “No, Prime Minister” which carried cartoons on Manmohan Singh drawn during first stint of his Prime Ministership.
- Awards and Honours: He was awarded Padma Shri (2004), India’s fourth highest civilian award for his contribution to the art of cartooning.