Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated World Sufi Forum in New Delhi.
The four-day event is being organized by All India Ulama and Mashaikh Board (AIUMB), the apex body of Sufi Dargahs in India.
- More than 200 Indian and International delegates, including Sufi Shuyukh, scholars, academicians, spiritual leaders and masters of Sufism are going to participating at the event.
- The meeting is expected to debate on how Sufi teaching can prevent global terrorism.
- It will also debate on how to guide the Muslim community away from sectarian division.
- The debate on role of women in Islam will be also conducted in the international conference.
- In this conference it is expected to come out with a declaration against extremism and Wahabism.