Sunil Bharti Mittal Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Founder and Chairman of Bharti Enterprises Sunil Bharti Mittal was appointed as Chairman of GSM Association (GSMA).
He succeeds Jon Fredrik Baksaas who will step down at the end of 2016. In his new role, Mittal will oversee the strategic direction of the organisation.
Besides, Mari-Noëlle Jego-Laveissiere, Executive Vice President, Innovation, Orange Group was re-elected as Deputy Chairman of GSM Association. It also elected the new members of the 26-member Board of the company.
About Sunil Bharti Mittal
- Sunil Mittal is Indian telecom tycoon, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
- He is the founder, chairman and Group CEO of Bharti Enterprises, which has interests in telecom, financial services, retail and agri business.
- The Group’s flagship company Bharti Airtel is India’s largest telecom company and world’s third largest mobile operator. It has its presence in 20 countries across Asia and Africa and customer base of over 275 million.
- Presently, he serves on many international bodies and think-tanks and currently is the Chair of the World Economic Forums (WEF) Telecommunications Steering Committee.
- He is listed as the eight richest person in India by Forbes with a Net worth of 7 billion dollars. In 2007, he was awarded the Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest civilian honour.
About the GSM Association
- The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide. It unites nearly 800 operators with almost 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem.
- The GSMA Board has 26 members, including 25 operator representatives from world’s largest operator groups as well as smaller, independent operators.
- It produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.