Sunita Jain Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Hindi scholar and writer Sunita Jain was conferred with the prestigious 25th Vyas Samman 2015. She was presented with the award by West Bengal Governor K N Tripathi.
She was bestowed with this prestigious literary award for her poetry collection Kshama (published in 2008). Through her poetry collection, she portrays the fine emotions between poet Tulsidas and his wife Ratnavalli. Using very fine language in the poetry, she has managed to aptly convey the sentiment of forgiveness between Tulsidas and his wife.
About Sunita Jain
- She is scholar, novelist, short-story writer and poet of English and Hindi literature. She had started her writing career at the age of 22.
- So far she has over 100 books to her credit apart from short-stories, novels and poems in Hindi and English. She also has translated many Jain writings into English.
- She had worked as the professor and the Head of the department of Humanities and Social Sciences at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi.
- Awards and Honours: The Vreeland Award (1969) and Marie Sandoz Prairie Schooner Fiction Award (1970 and 1971) and Padma Shri (2004).
About Vyas Samman award
- The Vyas Samman award award was instituted by the K.K. Birla Foundation in 1991.
- It is awarded annually to outstanding literary work in Hindi authored and published in past 10 years by an Indian citizen
- The award carries monetary award of 2.5 lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque.