Hindustan Unilever Sun Pharma Industries and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) among the world’s top 100 innovative Companies: Forbes
Three Indian companies Hindustan Unilever Sun Pharma Industries and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and have been named among the world’s 100 most innovative companies by Forbes.
Hindustan Unilever the FMCG has been ranked 41 on the list whereas TCS stood at number 64 and Sun Pharma at 71 in the Forbes list of ‘The World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
- California-Based Tesla Motors has topped the list whose market capitalization is of $25.5 billion. Tesla Motors has also won the Apple’s creative crown.
- Salesforce.com, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and ARM Holdings and among the top five companies on the list.
- TCS, India’s largest IT Company with a market cap of $80.3 billion has appeared on the list for the eighth time.
- Sun Pharma, India’s largest drug company with a market cap $39 billion appears on the list for the fourth straight time.
- The other notable companies on the list are Amazon at 8th position, Monster Beverages at 13, Marriot International at 29, Visa at 33, Netflix at 27, MasterCard at 36, Starbucks at 45, Adobe at 74, Coco Cola 81 and Cognizant 96.
Forbes has ranked these companies based on their innovation premium this is the difference between their market capitalisation and a net present value of cash flows from existing businesses.
Forbes included only those industries that are known to invest in innovation and has seven years of public financial data and $10 billion in market cap.