Surat Smart City Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India Smart Cities Award 2018: Surat Smart City selected for City Award for implementation of projects
Surat smart city from Gujarat was selected for ‘City Award’ for showing great momentum in implementation of projects under India Smart Cities Awards 2018 especially in categories of urban environment, transport and mobility and sustainable integrated development. Total nine awards in three categories including Innovative Idea Award, Project Award, and City Award were announced by Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs under India Smart Cities Awards 2018.
Other category winners
Innovative Idea award: Bhopal and Ahmedabad were jointly honoured for Integrated Command and Control Centre (ICCC) and Safe and Secure Ahmedabad (SASA) Project, respectively. The award was given to project and idea particularly remarkable for its innovative, bottom-up and transformative approach towards achievement of sustainable integrated development.
Project awards: They were given to most innovative and successful projects in seven categories that have been completed by April 1, 2018. Projects selected under it are
- Governance category: PMC Care from Pune.
- Built Environment category: Smart Place Making from Pune.
- Social Aspects category: Smart Class rooms from NDMC and Jabalpur, Smart Campus from Visakhapatnam, Lighthouse from Pune.
- Culture and Economy category: B Nest Incubation Centre from Bhopal and Conservation of Rajasthan School of Arts from Jaipur.
- Urban environment category: Public Bike Sharing from Pune, Bhopal, Coimbatore and Waste to Energy Plant in Jabalpur.
- Transport and Mobility category: Integrated Transit Management System (TMS) from Ahmedabad and Surat.
- Water and Sanitation category: Smart Water Management through SCADA from Ahmedabad.
India Smart Cities Award
The award was launched in June 2017 with an objective to reward cities, projects and innovative ideas, promoting sustainable development in cities. The award is given in 3 categories of viz. Innovative Idea Award, City Award and Project Award. Only selected Smart Cities are eligible participants for the award. Respective ULBs or Smart City SPVs need to submit proposals for this award.
The proposals submitted by ULBs/ Smart City SPVs are evaluated by technical committee of international, multilateral experts from UN Habitat, Asian Development Bank (ADB) and National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) based on Innovation, Impact, and Replicability or Scalability. The City Award was decided based on cities’ performance on their awards score and on weekly Ranking score. Equal weighting is given to both.